My name is Hilary Caws-Elwitt. I live in Northampton, MA and I coordinate two monthly book groups for the wonderful Forbes Library: Great Books and Nature and Environment. I also attend the Irish Writers and Second Monday groups as often as I can, and I’m in a “slow read” weekly group at Amherst College. In other words, I really love to read and I especially love to talk about and think about what I’ve read.
- Early 2004: I tried to review every book I read.
- Late 2004 – early 2011: I alternated review with catch-up lists, eventually slowing down until it was just a once in a while thing.
- After switching from Blogger to WordPress, I had a complicated multisite which died after an upgrade, and the blog went dark.
- In 2017 I rebooted it with lists I’d been keeping offline, covering 2016 on.
- Since 2018 I’ve been trying to write reviews just of books I read for book groups, because I use post-it flags to mark passages I want to remember. Mostly these quotes are accumulating in draft posts, but I do try to keep up with a monthly list of books (rated on Goodreads).
- I back-date my posts to when I actually completed the book(s).
- I don’t have an audience, so I primarily write for myself (and for deep Google searches)
- But who knows how long this will last… every post could be the last one ever!